I could make excuses and go on about this that happened and that that happened, but bottom line is I just didn't follow through. Didn't follow through with the education I learned. Didn't follow through with the exercise regimes I started. Didn't follow through with the promises I made to myself.
I feel like crap. I hate the way I look. I hate the way I feel. My self esteem has hit the toilet. My positive personality has taken a nose dive. And my health is the pits. All because I was too lazy to do what I knew had to be done. How pathetic is that?
But here's the upside of all that.
1. I know EXACTLY what I did wrong last time. And I know EXACTLY what I have to do this time!
2) I have hit rock bottom again, and there is no where to go but up!
3) I have an extremely supportive group of family and friends who will help me back up.
4) I lost the weight before, and I KNOW I can do it again!
Last night I swallowed my pride and walked back into the Jenny Craig location I used to go to.
I met with a lovely program director and walked through what I did, what I didn't do, what I want, where I am going, and what results I want. The plan is in place. Next Tuesday (after I return from my trip to Victoria) I will meet with my new consultant and get this train rolling.
I also registered for a Zumba class here in Town. Every Thursday morning for the next 8 weeks I will be making a fool of myself on the dance floor. I am soo nervous as I am the most uncoordinated person on the face of the earth. BUT I hear that Zumba is really fun, and I need to do something to get started. So fun will ease me back into my new healthier lifestyle.
The next 5 days I will be away in Victoria. I am going to try my best to make good choices w/o Jenny there to help. I will also take this opportunity to treat myself to some of my favourite foods that I won't be having for awhile. I don't think Primerib is on the Jenny menu :)
One meal at a time will be my motto this time around.
Wish me luck!

1 comment:
Congratulations on taking actions - you can do it !!! I will be there for you if you need help/support/an ear to listen whatever you need to get you through the tougher days & hours. We may even run togehter outdoors once the ice has melted.
I hope I can inspire you with my lifestyle change :-)
Claudia
Post a Comment