Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Week 3: Sadness is not a friend to weight loss

Well it's been an emotionally week. And to be honest I don't really feel like posting right now.

My 12 year old (soon to be 13) is struggling, emotionally. He feels that he doesn't fit in. That no one likes him, everyone is talking about and laughing at him...basically his self esteem is non existent. Some of the kids teases him at school....for the most ridiculous things, and he does't have the coping skills at this point to deal with it. This leaves us with an extremely sad little boy, who doesn't think he life is worth living. You can imagine how this throws a mom for a loop.

My week consisted of crying, sleeping, not eating as much as I should, low energy, more crying, yelling out, cursing the insensitive kids who are teasing him, more crying, more sleeping, and everything in between.

So I fully expected to put on weight this week. I guess the positive side is that I didn't put on. I didn't go back on old habits and soothe my sadness with ice cream, or chips. YAY me!!

Well today is a new week and I am going to try my best to make it a better one.

Till next week.

Tina Marie

2 comments:

Lorena said...

Sending virtual hugs your way, buddy!!

Anonymous said...

very proud of you !!!! You can do it - breathe, really deep ... and maybe get a punch ball ;-)