
Today was my first time ever trying zumba! I wanted to try it as it wanted to introduce some exercise into my new healthier lifestyle, to compliment my Jenny Craig commitment.
Remember I mentioned that I didn't exercise from day 1 the last time I was with Jenny, and I think that was a downfall to my success. I didn't start building good fitness habits from the get go. So when I stopped with Jenny, the lbs came back. That is not going to happen this time!
So anyway...today was Day 1 of Zumba. The instructor was very positive and fun. The music was fun and upbeat. And holy crud did we move!!!
Here are the 6 things I learned from my class today
1) I am REALLY out of shape!!!
2) My legs have no idea what my arms are doing, and neither of them are speaking to my hips!
3) Water is my best friend!
4) I need new shoes.
5) I look like a fool when I dance!
6) I CANNOT give up!!!
Ok, # 5 is completely learned yet. I am going to have remind myself of this daily! For me...Zumba is NOT fun....yet!! But I am hoping that if I stick it out, by the end, I will love it. I remember when I started the running room. I HATED running! But I stuck out the first few weeks, and by the end I was loving it. I can't wait till I am feeling a little fitter and I can start running again. My goal is to be running by the end of February. Oh crud...I just put it out there....so now I have to do it!
My other goal is to fall in love with Zumba so I can take a class instructed by my friend Lorena. She is such an amazing woman and so fun....I know her class would be freaking fantastic! But I am pretty sure that I took it, at this fitness level, I would want to kill her by then end!
I am also on day 3 of Jenny and things are going well. Yesterday I was pretty hungry for most of the day. And I did have some chocolate cravings last night. But I stuck to menu and didn't falter. Yay me!!
Feeling pretty good. Will check in again soon.
With love and respect
Tina Marie

3 comments:
Tina Marie,
i have known you for a long time and I know that when you put your mind to something it gets done.... you rarely accept anything else. You have the love and support of a great man (Murray) and three wonderful young men..... You have family and friends near and far who care a lot about your personal happiness and well being..... You are a fantastic wife, mother, business owner, friend, volunteer, etc.... ending with fantastic woman. Look forward to the pounds dropping and getting to see your wonderful transformation. Much Love me.
Good work TM!!! Keep it up!!!
Yay TM!!!!!!! Oh and thanks for the compliments but ANYONE can come to my classes! I promise....you will have so much fun you won't even know you are exercising! So if you are ever in the north end.... ;)
Luv ya my little spicy lady!
Post a Comment