Well it is the end of week 11 and I only lost 0.7 lbs.
But it has been a rough week and I actually expected to gain.
A dear friend of mine was diagnosed with Leukemia July 1st. She was admitted to the hospital immediately and started chemotherapy treatments. The first 2 rounds did nothing. They started the 3rd round, but her kidneys started to shut down and then other organs started to follow. She was moved to ICU and started on dialysis. She started to slightly improve. The plan was to get her body back strong enough to start the third round of chemo again. One day she pulled the breathing tube from her mouth and she started to bleed. she got a blood clot and it blocked her lungs. Her heart and her lungs stopped. she was resuscitated. She made a few improvements over the weeks but it wasn't enough. Last week a bone marrow scan showed that the cancer was still there (a first scan had indicated that it wasn't) and the doctors told her family that there was nothing more they could do for her. She was taken off all treatment and life support on Sunday night and she passed on Monday.
This had been very hard on us. 3 months ago "M" was fine, and now she is gone. She leaves behind a wonderful husband and 9 year old son (my son's best friend).
Sometimes it just doesn't make sense!
Needless to say I haven't really paid attention to my exercise or eating routine and had some extra calories. I suspect this week will be more of the same.
One day at a time I guess.

3 comments:
Tina, one day a time is all we can manage sometimes...
Wish I was close enough to take you for a coffee...
Love ya..
Julie
Big hugs to you! One day at a time and one moment at a time!
I'll be thinking of you and her family.
Heather
Thank you Jules and Heather. I am feeling a little better. The funeral is tuesday and I am sure I will be a mess. But she isnt suffering anymore and I need to think about that.
Post a Comment